Thank you so much to avathenerd from Reads, Rhythms, and Ruminations and D from D Talks Anime for the nomination! Ava writes a lot of amazing stuff about both anime and books. She’s been taking on a lot of challenges from both realms, and it’s always great reading her posts. D posts really wonderful in-depth anime reviews and other posts like character analyses, and just recently started doing an episode-by-episode review of Terror in Resonance. Be sure to check out both of their blogs.
I’m going to be answering all of their questions. Ava nominated me first, so hers will go at the top.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them three questions.
If you’ve already been nominated and/or these award nominations aren’t your thing, feel free to ignore this!
- Otaku Lounge
- Another Gaming Day
- Anima & Anime
- Little Anime Blog
- Anime Girls NYC
- JAPANime Talks
- Weekend Otaku
- Anime Vortex Blog
- If you could get a chance to visit a fictional world, which one would it be?I would like to control a Gundam.
- What is your least favourite book/anime?I think I’m going to have to go with this book called The Stupidest Angel. The storyline seemed so promising: an angel who’s not the brightest accidentally causes zombies to rise up in a town right before Christmas. I’d liked the author’s other book a lot and thought it was very funny, but to me the humor fell flat in this one. I think it was a case of shattered expectations.
- Name the funniest book/anime you’ve read/watched.So as you guys might know or realized from the last point, I really like humor (I AM A HUGE SUCKER FOR STUPID JOKES). And I think what started it was reading P.G. Wodehouse’s stuff on Jeeves–the perfect butler, always ready to answer his master’s call and knowing what he wants before he wants it. You might have already heard of him, or a butler based on him.
Jeeves is central to a bunch of short stories and novels that describe his shenanigans with a not-so-smart master. What really brings it out isn’t just the characters, but this incredible way with words Wodehouse has. So probably anything from that collection? Sorry I couldn’t pick just one!
- If there’s a zombie apocalypse, would you rather become a zombie during the first wave of infections or survive (to possibly be eaten by zombies)?Ugh, I have so much anxiety already that I don’t think I want to survive. But if survival included trying to be part of the team that was tryin’ to beat up those zombies, I’d like to uh try that and probably camp out in their base.
- Five anime you plan to watch?You just tuned me again to Durarara!! so there’s that. I also have missed some pretty well-known anime like Cowboy Bebop. Others I plan to watch include Planetarian, Blue Gender, your name.
- Your least favourite and favourite time of the day?Since I’m a night person, I don’t like mornings and have a hard time getting up. 8 PM to 1 AM is my fave.
- If you could have anything for lunch tomorrow, what would it be?
- Favorite thing you watched or read this week?
- If you could rename your blog to anything else, what would it be?